Each labour and birth is unique, so why don’t you prepare yourself as a couple for the most important day of your life? In this workshop you will get confidence and tools to learn how to stay active and positively involved during the birth of your baby.
You often hear people saying that preparing for birth is useless because in the end you can’t know how things will turn out. Partly this is true. There are so many factors involved in the labor that it’s impossible to accurately predict how individual women will experience their labours. However, by cultivating your sensitivity, empowering yourself, and connecting with your intuition, you can greatly affect how your birthing experience will unfold.
To support the birthing process the pelvis needs to be opened to its maximum to allow the baby to pass through. Ease of movement and certain positions will facilitate this opening with the support of the partner. We will practice different birthing positions and learn how to use the breath effectively and for best results. The couple will be taught how to use sound to stimulate the labour and help to relax. Useful tips for the birthing partner are offered so he can be of natural assistance.
You will gain:
- Understanding of the baby’s birth journey through the pelvis and the psychosomatic mechanisms for releasing positive birth hormones
- Ease of movement to make full use of gravity
- Effective use of breath and sound
- Relaxing through contractions and between contractions
- Releasing birthing muscles and perineum to make way for the baby and stretch gently without fear
- Birthing breathing. Creating a body memory for ‘exhale pushing’, or ‘birthing lightly’ without strain
- Transforming fear into calm power in the transition to motherhood, using yoga resources to tap into the inner body wisdom accessible to all women.
Send me a message to book your private birth preparation workshop or to be informed when is the next birth preparation workshop (max three couples/workshop). The workshops are mainly held in Lotte Berk Barre studio in Gattikon (Thalwil) but can be organized also in other studios in the Zürich area or online.
- Private workshop CHF 315 (2,5 hours)
- 2-3 couples CHF 215/couple (3 hours)
Most health insurances reimburse part of the course fees. Please check with your insurance prior to the workshop what is their policy on birth preparation reimbursements.